Exercise Tips for Managing PCOD
Truthful Words, Healthy Food, Selfless Actions
That is the key to your health
Proper exercise is a crucial element for curing PCOD. In people with PCOD, insulin resistance and decreased metabolic rate are commonly observed. Doing Regular Exercise will bring visible changes in you in no time. When we say exercise, it is not only physical but mental too. Here, we will help you get started with a few exercise patterns that benefit people suffering from PCOD.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Strength Training
When you have Active PCOD, you have to do exercise daily for a minimum of 30 min. HIIT needs to be done once or twice weekly. Rest of the days, you could do Cardio and Strength Training Exercises. Below is an effective and simple workout session schedule which spans 30 minutes.
|10 Min||Cardio/ HIIT|
|5 Min||Cool Down|
|5 Min||Breathing Exercise (Pranayama)|
Make your workout sessions fun and enjoyable
Now let’s see in detail about HIIT Workout.
HIIT – High-Intensity Workout Followed By Moderate or Low-intensity Recovery. Where you perform a 60 second workout followed by a 60 second recovery, it is called 1-to-1. When you begin with a HIIT for the first time, you can start with a 1-to-3 work to recovery ratio. As your Fitness Level improves, you can increase the workout to recovery ratio and aim it to 1-to-1.
A 20 min HIIT session schedule below
|5 Min||Warm up|
|10 Min (15 sec workout followed by 45 sec rest * 10)|
You could select 5 to 6 workout plans and repeat them. Each one will take 1 minute.
Do 10 such workout plans. So it will take 10min
It is better to work out early in the morning or late evening, on an empty stomach.
Mental Exercise are equally important as Physical Exercises
People with PCOD suffer from sleeplessness, depression, and anxiety. So Mental exercises are important. In your 10 Min schedule for mental exercise, do Pranayam (properly guided breathing exercise) for 5 minutes followed by Meditation for 5 min.
The above workout schedule session is perfect for a person with PCOD and also it is apt for Obesity. Once you are free from PCOD, you should continue doing exercise regularly to maintain your health. Do at least 2 to 3 days a week. Physical activities are as important as Food for healthy body and mind.
Note: During Menstrual days, one must avoid Physical Exercises.
- AHARA, The Dietary Regimens of AyurvedaIf you know which Doshas are contributing to your discomfort, you could easily decide which food you can have and what to avoid with this simple idea of taste. Ayurveda classifies the basic six different tastes based on their effects on Tridosha.
- Diabetes – Reversal Or Just Relief ?Sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, stress, improper sleeping habits, etc results in the accumulation of fats over cells, and slowly cells become insulin resistant.
- Are you Diabetic? Be free from Diabetes through AyurvedaThis blog is part of a three-part series on Diabetic and Ayurveda. Here we throw some light on understanding the disease, how modern treatment works, does to your body, and how, with Ayurveda, you could completely cure the disease.
- Kalyani, The beautiful woman.Women undergo lots of physical and mental changes in their life like puberty, menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause, and so on. In all these stages, she needs certain care, nourishment, and support. But in our new lifestyle, we ignore those aspects. It affects her health- the mother.
- Exercise Tips for Managing PCODWhen we say exercise, it is not only physical but mental too. Here, we will help you get started with a few exercise patterns that benefit people suffering from PCOD.
- These foods can help you take care of PCODIn Ayurveda, food has classification based on its quality to affect tridoshas (Kabha, Vata, and Pita) and other vital body functions. Most of the time, properly evaluating your health condition as per Ayurveda and adjusting your food based on that can bring the cure.
- 5 Healthy and Decadent Chocolate Recipes to make at Home that are Refined and Sugar freeHere are a few delicious chocolate recipes that are healthy and filled with wholesome ingredients, so you can indulge smarter when you have a sugar craving without loading up on refined sugar.
- An Ordinary Man with an Extraordinary Effort!Let’s Meet Mr. K G Ramesh, who is sitting in the tree shades at ‘Lakshmis Attall’, a forest that hosts more than 1500 species of medicinal plants which he and his family raised in the land adjoining their home.
- Old is Gold – SwarnaprashanIn a 5000 years old Classical Ayurvedic text there is a preparation of medication that has GOLD as the main ingredient and administered to newborn up to 16 years old kids. It is called Swarnaprashan. Swarna means GOLD & Prashan means consume.
- A Journey from Cervical Spondylosis to Vata VyadhiThere are very effective remedies for Cervical Spondylosis in Ayurveda. Moreover, proper Ayurvedic treatment can help you avoid surgery and related risks.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!