Namasthe, Here we are back with another informative series on Food and Ayurveda. Ayurveda takes a preventive approach to health, good lifestyle and proper food habits are the primary aspects. This will be a series of articles to give you insight into food and how it affects our health from an Ayurvedic perspective. Food plays a vital role in our physical and mental wellness. Knowing what you are eating, what to eat and not to eat can help you take care of your health.
In Ayurveda, food has classification based on its quality to affect Tridoshas (Kapha, Vata, and Pita) and other vital body functions. Most of the time, properly evaluating your health condition as per Ayurveda and adjusting your food based on that can bring the cure.
Todays article is about taste and how you could decide what to eat and what not to eat based on your health condition and taste.
What not to eat – Taste and Tridoshas
In our daily life, we go through several discomforts. The food we take plays a vital role in managing these discomforts. There are fundamentally six different tastes. Ayurveda classifies these six different tastes based on their effects on Tridosha. If you know which Doshas are contributing to your discomfort, you could easily decide which food you can have and what to avoid with this simple idea of taste. ( Though this information will help you in general, in certain cases there are exceptions, consult a physician for specific details)
Arogyaniketan Ayurveda Clinic & Panchakarma Centre
Dr. Parvathy Chandran BAMS
We provide classical Ayurvedic Treatments, Massage, Shirodhara, Panchakarma, etc. Please visit https://arogyaniketan.in for more information and details about our facilities.
- AHARA, The Dietary Regimens of AyurvedaIf you know which Doshas are contributing to your discomfort, you could easily decide which food you can have and what to avoid with this simple idea of taste. Ayurveda classifies the basic six different tastes based on their effects on Tridosha.
- Diabetes – Reversal Or Just Relief ?Sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, stress, improper sleeping habits, etc results in the accumulation of fats over cells, and slowly cells become insulin resistant.
- Are you Diabetic? Be free from Diabetes through AyurvedaThis blog is part of a three-part series on Diabetic and Ayurveda. Here we throw some light on understanding the disease, how modern treatment works, does to your body, and how, with Ayurveda, you could completely cure the disease.
- Kalyani, The beautiful woman.Women undergo lots of physical and mental changes in their life like puberty, menstrual cycle, pregnancy, menopause, and so on. In all these stages, she needs certain care, nourishment, and support. But in our new lifestyle, we ignore those aspects. It affects her health- the mother.
- Exercise Tips for Managing PCODWhen we say exercise, it is not only physical but mental too. Here, we will help you get started with a few exercise patterns that benefit people suffering from PCOD.
- These foods can help you take care of PCODIn Ayurveda, food has classification based on its quality to affect tridoshas (Kabha, Vata, and Pita) and other vital body functions. Most of the time, properly evaluating your health condition as per Ayurveda and adjusting your food based on that can bring the cure.
- 5 Healthy and Decadent Chocolate Recipes to make at Home that are Refined and Sugar freeHere are a few delicious chocolate recipes that are healthy and filled with wholesome ingredients, so you can indulge smarter when you have a sugar craving without loading up on refined sugar.
- An Ordinary Man with an Extraordinary Effort!Let’s Meet Mr. K G Ramesh, who is sitting in the tree shades at ‘Lakshmis Attall’, a forest that hosts more than 1500 species of medicinal plants which he and his family raised in the land adjoining their home.
- Old is Gold – SwarnaprashanIn a 5000 years old Classical Ayurvedic text there is a preparation of medication that has GOLD as the main ingredient and administered to newborn up to 16 years old kids. It is called Swarnaprashan. Swarna means GOLD & Prashan means consume.
- A Journey from Cervical Spondylosis to Vata VyadhiThere are very effective remedies for Cervical Spondylosis in Ayurveda. Moreover, proper Ayurvedic treatment can help you avoid surgery and related risks.
- Jo Ha KyuSome intense experiences, we can’t share those in words but will reflect in our actions thereafter. He is no more to light my path ahead in this life, But the ways he showed me; how to live like a raw human being, is always there to guide me like an invisible man.
- Covid prevention kit for Children and AdultsIf you are ready to be healthy, without getting admitted to hospitals, Without paying so much money for your health, without poisoning your body, We are here for you.
- Feeling Feverish?In Ayurveda, we are not fighting against fever, but we are aiding the body to fight. Here we are discussing about how to treat fever at home. Follow the below guidelines and you will be safe. Try to get in touch with a practitioner if your health is in a very bad condition or you’re anxious.
- Panchakarma – The Five Petal Lotus from AyurvedaPanchakarma involves five main procedures. Before undergoing each of these treatments one has to follow and do certain things before and after. These help us get the desired result for that karma. All these treatments can’t be done in any season, similarly can’t be exercised on all kinds of people.
- Obesity – Manage it in a Healthy Way!Right food at right time in the right quantity & regular exercise are the essential factors for weight loss. All you need is some simple and basic awareness, with which you explore yourself and tailor a diet plan exclusively for you. Here is an introduction to that general awareness.