May 28th is celebrating as Menstrual Hygiene Day.
By the way, what do you mean by Hygiene?
There is External hygiene and Internal hygiene of which Internal hygiene is more important. Being a woman or a girl how many of us are aware of the importance of proper and regular menstruation? Proper and healthy menstruation has a major role in women’s health. Nowadays the majority of the women suffer from early menstruation, early menopause, fibroid in the uterus, PCOD, PMS, menopausal syndrome, uterine and ovarian cancers, breast cancers, endometriosis, etc. All these hormonal imbalances not only affects the person alone, but it also reflects on all her relationships and family life.
Food is a very important factor for normal healthy menstruation.
- One should avoid all kinds of junk and spicy food, dry food, and raw vegetables during bleeding days.
- One should choose a vegetarian diet over a vegan diet. * Avoiding ghee and milk for a prolonged period will increase the dryness in your body and due to this dryness Vata dosha get aggravated and cause irregular menstruation, painful menstruation, and Pre Menstrual Syndrome.
- During the menstrual days take food which is easily digestible like kitchadi, milk porridge, rice porridge, or follow fruits diet.
- Give rest to the body as much as possible – so avoid unnecessary travel, physical exercise, even yoga asanas.
- Sex should be avoided during bleeding days.
Nowadays it’s very common to take pills to postpone the menstruation for unimportant things. Stoping the natural flow of menstruation has lots of impact on the body. It can lead to many diseases even breast cancer!
Let’s work together for a healthy society with a healthy body and a healthy mind.
AHARA, The Dietary Regimens of Ayurveda
Diabetes - Reversal Or Just Relief ?
Are you Diabetic? Be free from Diabetes through Ayurveda
Kalyani, The beautiful woman.
Exercise Tips for Managing PCOD
These foods can help you take care of PCOD
5 Healthy and Decadent Chocolate Recipes to make at Home that are Refined and Sugar free
An Ordinary Man with an Extraordinary Effort!
Old is Gold - Swarnaprashan
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!
Thank you for making me aware, give it another thought.